|Job Title:||Working Foreman||Job Category:||Craft Workers|
|Department/Group:||Operations/Field||Position Type:||Non-Exempt (hourly)|
|Location:||Texas Pipeline, TX||Date posted:|
|Role and Responsibilities:
· Accountable for crews under work authority
· Assists crews as necessary, in order to perform a job efficiently and safely, utilizes scope and risk management tools.
· Manages resource utilization (people, tools and equipment)
· Assessing competency and capabilities of skilled crafts.
· Evaluates crew capabilities, training, coaching to ensure that the crews meet required levels of quality
· Effectively communicates with employees.
· Sets and maintains work standards and outlining behavioral expectations to ensure crew morale and productivity
· Effectively resolves conflict and takes appropriate personnel actions
· Recognizes, addresses and resolves issues/problems among/between crew(s)
· Applies KSI corrective action policy where applicable
· Shares best practices with co-workers
· Conducts safe work and performs behavioral based safety audits.
· Identifies needs for crew safety training and facilitates delivery of training
· Participates in and monitors safety tailgate meetings
· Assists General Foreman in safety/incident investigations and reviews
· Understands and follows work schedules, understands mechanical drawings and constructability.
· Oversees the execution of the work, including quality and production
· Ensures crews work to job specifications and follows drawings
· Identifies needs and deficiencies in the look ahead plan/schedule and communicating these to the appropriate personnel
· Reviews and adjusts specific workforce activities and task schedules to meet established production schedules
· Identifies, verifies and reports any scheduling conflicts with other crews and contractors to the appropriate personnel
· Interfaces with the General Foreman to ensure expectations are met.
· Attends customer meetings as needed with estimating, cost control, resource loading, project performance and improvement
· Effectively communicates with General Foreman & Customers
· Reports on crew production, work progress and change
· Follow all KS Industries, LP safety policies and procedures
· Follow all Customer policies and procedures
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements:
· 2+ years experience
· Good communication skills, oral and written
· Working knowledge of Microsoft WORD, and EXCEL Programs needed for data entry
· Must complete specific OPL training
· Company and project safety programs and objectives
· Company and customer policies, procedures and programs
· OSHA policies and procedures
· How to read drawings and interpret specifications
· Scheduling and planning
· Lead crews in a productive manner
· Effectively communicate
· Provide team building skills
· Assess crew skills
· Coach and teach crew leads and crew members
· Apply good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
· Encourage, foster and manage differences and diversity on the job site
· Form and implement workforce plans and schedules
· Organize and delegate work
· Handle duties of position, including completion of required documents
· Effectively use time management skills
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Depending on the phase of the job, all personnel are required to work in conditions where physical demands can consist of placing one’s body in various positions to inspect and to accomplish certain tasks such as:
· Raising and lowering objects from one level to another
· Carrying objects, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder
· Grasping objects with the use of fingers, palm and wrists to hold/and or manipulate objects (hammers, saws, pencils, pens, etc,)
· Pulling i.e., exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking)
· Pushing i.e., exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (includes slapping, striking, kicking and treadle actions)
· Bending at the waist, stooping, working in a supine position, twisting seated or standing.
· All candidates must pass a pre employment physical examination and drug / alcohol screen as a condition of successful consideration for employment, Failure to do so will result in the candidate being disqualified from further consideration.
The candidate must also possess a current and valid driver’s license and be insurable through KSI’s insurance carrier.
Some of these physical requirements will range from seldom, frequent to constant depending on the task at hand.