|Job Title:||Hydro vac Operator||Job Category:||Operator|
|Department/Group:||Operations||Position Type:||Full Time|
|Location:||Various California Locations||Date posted:|
|Role and Responsibilities
While not all inclusive, the following is a list of tasks to be performed and/or coordinated.
1. Complete hydro excavation projects including: utility line exposure, debris removal, slot trenching, and digging.
2. Attend regularly scheduled shift prepared and on time.
3. Be available to work varying hours.
4. Have appropriate licenses and certifications to operate the equipment being used
5. Prepare pre-shift vehicle inspection
6. Properly fill out the pre-shift vehicle inspection by checking all fluids/tires/lights and all signals
7. Understand the piece of equipment
8. Develop detailed daily work plan for job.
9. Participate in developing JSA on job sites when working on locations with crews and help identify hazards on job site
10. Participate in safe work, behavioral safety audits, and near hits
11. Be aware of the dangers associated with hazardous atmospheres
12. Gather appropriate job permits
13. The permits must be filled out correctly and have the appropriate information and signatures for the specific job
14. Perform tasks assigned by Working Foreman or General Foreman
15. Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner
16. While completing hydro excavation projects, the Hydro Vac Operator will supervise the activities of the Hydro Vac Swamper assigned to assist with excavation
17. Hydro Vac Operators will provide leadership and task delegation to the Hydro Vac Swamper through coaching and mentoring to ensure employee skill development
18. Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures for Hydro Vac operation
19. Test the job site for immediate respiratory dangers
20. Test for H2S or oxygen deficient atmosphere
21. Know how to read a monitor
22. Perform monthly tool audits
23. Ensure compliance of equipment (vehicle registration/fire extinguisher)
24. Follow all KS Industries, LP safety policies, and procedures
25. Develop a general knowledge of KSI PPM-SOP’s
26. Frequently refer to the SOP Manual
27. Follow all Customer policies and procedures
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· 1 Year experience minimum
· Prefer 2-3 Years experience
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
· Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
· Knowledge of Lock Out/Tag Out process
All candidates must pass a pre employment physical examination, drug / alcohol screen, hold a valid driver’s license, pass a motor vehicle record check and be insurable through KSI’s insurance carrier, criminal background check and E-verify as a condition of successful consideration for employment.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work in harsh weather for long periods of time. Depending on the phase of the job, all personnel are required to work in conditions where physical demands can consist of placing one’s body in various positions to inspect and to accomplish certain tasks such as:
· Raising and Lowering objects from one level to another
· Carrying objects, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder
· Grasping objects with the use of fingers, palm and wrists to hold/and or manipulate objects (hammers, saws, pencils, pens etc,)
· Pulling ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking)
· Pushing ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (includes slapping, striking, kicking and treadle actions)
· Bending at the waist, stooping, working in a supine position, twisting seated or standing
Some of these physical requirements will range from seldom, frequent to constant depending on the task.