|Job Title:||Diesel mechanic||Job Category:||Craft Workers|
We are hiring an experienced Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic to service and maintain the company’s fleet of construction equipment and vehicles in the field. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with experience in everything from small gas engines to large diesel equipment. Immediate opening for a Full-Time Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic with experience in small gas engines to large diesel construction equipment. Must be able to diagnose and repair various gas and diesel engines, electrical, brake and hydraulic systems with minimum supervision and instructions.
CAT experience preferred, Knowledge on Gas/ Diesel engines, Hydraulics, Brakes, drive-train, electrical, cutting and welding, changing oil, preventive maintenance.
While not all inclusive, the following is a list of tasks to be performed and or coordinated:
1. General oil field corrective and preventative maintenance of pumps, vapor recovery units, multi-phase separators, heater treaters, pumping units, compressors (gas/air)
2. Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs
3. Connect power unit to machines or equipment, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical operation
4. Properly install rotating equipment
5. Rebuild all rotating equipment back to original equipment manufacturers standards and specification
6. Align shafts to the accepted industry standards, using dial indicators or laser alignment
7. Diagnose and correct rotating equipment
8. Perform duties of a welder and/or pipefitter such as cutting/threading and structural welding
9. Transport or maneuver equipment as necessary
10. Operate man lift or ladder to complete task at appropriate heights
11. Coordinate with production teams to insure proper Lock Out/Tag Out of energy sources as required
12. Obtain Safe Work and other required permits before beginning work
13. Analyze problems to determine all material needed to correct problem and complete corrective task
14. Assemble and install equipment, using proper hand tools and power tools
15. Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts
16. Work safely at all times, following all applicable safety policies and procedures
All candidates must pass a pre employment physical examination, drug / alcohol screen, hold a valid driver’s license, pass a motor vehicle record check and be insurable through KSI’s insurance carrier, criminal background check and E-verify as a condition of successful consideration for employment.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work in harsh weather for long periods of time. Depending on the phase of the job, all personnel are required to work in conditions where physical demands can consist of placing one’s body in various positions to inspect and to accomplish certain tasks such as:
· Raising and Lowering objects from one level to another
· Carrying objects, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder
· Grasping objects with the use of fingers, palm and wrists to hold/and or manipulate objects (hammers, saws, pencils, pens etc,)
· Pulling ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking)
· Pushing ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (includes slapping, striking, kicking and treadle actions)
· Bending at the waist, stooping, working in a supine position, twisting seated or standing
Some of these physical requirements will range from seldom, frequent to constant depending on the task.
|Applications Accepted By:|
|Click here for application: APPLY NOW