Under the general direction of the Safety Supervisor, the Safety Professional is responsible for supporting the Safety Department in the implementation and maintenance of the safety program. This includes designing and building safety programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent illness or injury from occurring. Safety Professional will conduct inspections for adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Attend scheduled shift prepared and on time.
• Conduct incident investigations and safety training.
• Interacting with our Customers and Safety Staff from other companies.
• Take injured employees to the industrial medical doctor.
• Build presentations of Safety Data results for the Safety Supervisor and Senior Management.
• Demonstrate a high visibility and positive attitude in order to establish an effective and responsible safety culture.
• Communicate daily all safety concerns to Field Employees and Management.
• Perform Advanced Level Safety Audits to continually improve KSI’s Systems and Processes.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Safety Supervisor.
• Assist Safety Supervisor in analyzing data collected through safety process.
• Make recommendations on data findings to improve the overall safety of KSI.
• Review KSI’s policies to ensure they meet all customer and government requirements.
• Prepare and review specifications and orders for the purchase of safety equipment, ensuring that proper features are present and that items conform to health and safety standards.
• Oversees new-employee health and safety orientations, and develop materials for these presentations.
• Coordinate “right-to-understand” programs regarding hazardous chemicals and other substances.
• Assist and maintain hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring and ventilation surveys.
• Plan emergency response drills.
• Assist in the development of Safety Recognition Process
• Assist the Safety Technicians with the writing of Job Safety Plans (JSP).
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
• One or a combination of CET, CHST, OHST, CSP or other nationally recognized Safety Certifications Preferred.
• Four-year degree in safety management or related field from an accredited college or university is desirable.
• Additional certifications/training preferred; Safety Risk Management, Workers comp and EMT.
• Three years of experience in construction/oilfield safety.
• Understanding of labor laws and OSHA.
• Experience in implementing safety programs desirable.
• Must have excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Skilled in the use of computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Safety Management Software).
• OSHA, DOT, Worker’s Comp., Drug and Alcohol Policies & Procedures, minimal Industrial Hygiene, minimal Environmental Reg. Requirements, Industrial Medicine.
All candidates must pass a pre-employment physical examination, drug / alcohol screen, hold a valid driver’s license, pass a motor vehicle record check and be insurable through KSI’s insurance carrier.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work in harsh weather for long periods of time. Depending on the phase of the job, all personnel are required to work in conditions where physical demands can consist of placing one’s body in various positions to inspect and to accomplish certain tasks such as:
• Raising and Lowering objects from one level to another
• Carrying objects, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder
• Grasping objects with the use of fingers, palm and wrists to hold/and or manipulate objects (hammers, saws, pencils, pens etc,)
• Pulling i.e. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking)
• Pushing i.e. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (includes slapping, striking, kicking and treadle actions)
• Bending at the waist, stooping, working in a supine position, twisting seated or standing
Some of these physical requirements will range from seldom, frequent to constant depending on the task.