|Roles and ResponsibilitiesWhile not all inclusive, the following is a list of tasks to be performed and or coordinated:
- Develops advanced Programmable Logic Control designs and algorithms for control applications utilizing knowledge of materials and familiarity of equipment to complete tasks safely and on time
- Exhibits skills in radio and communication networking possessing technical writing skills
- Demonstrates advanced computer skills and generates screen graphics and layout for advanced HMI and LOI graphical controls
- Demonstrates extensive oilfield process knowledge and automation product knowledge of Programmable Logic Controls, analog transmitters, and smart transmitters.
- Communicates effectively with customers while managing, planning, and bidding Automation projects, achieving 100% billable time.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of oilfield distribution systems and transformer banks
- Works with limited to no Supervision and manages daily paperwork (field tickets, timesheets, and Jobsite Safety Analyses)
- Observes safety and security procedures – Reports unsafe conditions
- Knowledge of oil and gas operations to include automation development knowledge of PLC’s, RSLogix 500, 5000, Micrologix, SLC 500, PLC-5, 1785-RTU, HMIs
- Knowledge of ICONICS, XSPOC.
- Manages Hirschmann Switch, networking and communication
- Focus on ensuring a safe working environment at all times
- Train Automation Technicians
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3 Years Experience
- Degree in Electronics or related field
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
All candidates must pass a pre employment physical examination, drug / alcohol screen, hold a valid driver’s license, pass a motor vehicle record check and be insurable through KSI’s insurance carrier, criminal background check and E-verify as a condition of successful consideration for employment.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work in harsh weather for long periods of time. Depending on the phase of the job, all personnel are required to work in conditions where physical demands can consist of placing one’s body in various positions to inspect and to accomplish certain tasks such as:
- Raising and Lowering objects from one level to another
- Carrying objects, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder
- Grasping objects with the use of fingers, palm and wrists to hold/and or manipulate objects (hammers, saws, pencils, pens etc,)
- Pulling ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking)
- Pushing ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (includes slapping, striking, kicking and treadle actions)
- Bending at the waist, stooping, working in a supine position, twisting seated or standing
Some of these physical requirements will range from seldom, frequent to constant depending on the task.