|Job Title:||Line Locator||Job Category:|
|Department/Group:||Operations||Position Type:||Full Time|
|Location:||Bakersfield||Date posted:||November 9, 2016|
|Role and Responsibilities
Performs work that involves visual inspection of predefined construction areas and reading and interpretation of maps to determine the presence of underground utilities, while using special electronic equipment to actually detect and locate said utilities. The utilities may include (but not be limited to) gas, electric, telecommunications, sanitary sewer, water lines, street lighting and other facilities within the predefined construction area.
· 1 Year experience minimum
· Prefer 2-3 Years experience
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Regular use of hands and fingers to operate specialized equipment and tools; reaching overhead above the shoulders and horizontally; bending at the waist; standing and or walking for extended periods of time; hearing and speaking to exchange information; carrying 3-5 lb. electronic locating equipment for extended periods of time; Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work in harsh weather for long periods of time. Depending on the phase of the job, all personnel are required to work in conditions where physical demands can consist of placing one’s body in various positions to inspect and to accomplish certain tasks such as:
· Raising and Lowering objects from one level to another
· Carrying objects, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder
· Grasping objects with the use of fingers, palm and wrists to hold/and or manipulate objects (hammers, saws, pencils, pens etc,)
· Pulling ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking)
· Pushing ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (includes slapping, striking, kicking and treadle actions)
· Bending at the waist, stooping, working in a supine position, twisting seated or standing
-Some of these physical requirements will range from seldom, frequent to constant depending on the task.
Note: This is a general outline of duties and responsibilities for the Line Locator position, designed to acclimate prospective and current employees with the overall job requirements. This document is not, in any way, intended to be all-inclusive. The company may modify these requirements as business needs warrant.
|Applications Accepted By:|
|Fax or E-mail:
(661) 391-2130 or KSIJobs@ksilp.com
Attention: HR Department, RE: Line Locator
|Click here for application:|