Position Title: HR Operations
Recruiter Department(s): Human Resources
Reports to: HR Manager EEOC Class: Professional
Location: Bakersfield, CA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Partners with hiring managers to determine staffing needs and coordinates recruiting activities including screening, interviewing, assessments, and hiring of candidates.
Essential Job Functions
1. Attend regularly scheduled workdays on time
2. Perform searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as computer databases, networking, internet recruiting resources, media advertisements, job fairs, recruiting firms, Occupational training centers, or employee referrals
3. Develop or implement recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs
4. Maintain a pool of candidates for resource needs
5. Set up job fairs and register to participate in other recruiting events
6. Review employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements
7. Review and evaluate applicant qualifications or eligibility for specified licensing, according to established guidelines and designated licensing codes
8. Contact job applicants to inform them of the status of their applications
9. Interview job applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, or job skills
10. Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities
11. Schedule or administer skill tests / hands-on equipment testing for prospective employees
12. Maintain USA Dig permit
13. Conduct welding rig inspections and maintain internal / customer stencil and stamp information
14. Coordinate additional training with the Training Department
15. Conduct reference or background checks on job applicants
16. Select qualified job applicants or refer them to managers, making job offers when appropriate
17. Schedule and coordinate new hires for onboarding process
18. Dispatch employees to assignments and provide PPE, employee ID Badge, SSE Booklet, etc. and communicate with Operations
19. Advise management on organizing, preparing, or implementing recruiting or retention programs
20. Maintain data in TrackVia for resource requests and hiring process
21. Manage all temp agency activity including new resources, Viewpoint setup, hire eligibility, separation, etc.
22. Assist in filling resource needs in MidCon including possible travel out of state
23. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to read and write in English
• Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions in English
• Ability to communicate with employees, leadership and various business partners in a professional and courteous manner.
• 3+ years field operations or related industry experience
• Understanding of field crafts, requirements for positions by customer, and familiar with various work locations/leases
• Knowledge of Microsoft office, including Word and Excel for data entry and usage of technology (iPads, smartphones, etc.)
Education and Experience
The locations vary from site to site. Work is physically demanding and requires the ability to concentrate well on the job at hand, in all types of weather. Majority of the work is construction-based work. Walking and working surface vary depending on the terrain, from flat to extreme slopes and frozen, wet, snowy and slippery conditions.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Normally, a full-time employee will work 40 hours per week, depending on the factors such as weather and schedules. Work schedules and hours may vary somewhat depending on specific client locations and projects. In general, applicable work schedules include 5-8’s and 4-10’s. All labor laws in reference to rest breaks and meal periods will be followed.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.