Job Title: HR Generalist
Job Category: Professional
Department/Group: Human Resources
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Midland, Texas
Date posted: February 23, 2017
Job Description: Performs professional level duties related to human resources, including responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, compliance, leave administration, and benefits administration. Assists the Director of HR and Payroll Services to ensure operational effectiveness and exceptional customer service to the management and employee population of KS Industries, LLC
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Partners with employees and management to administer and communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations. Ensures legal and ethical compliance with state and federal laws.
• Conducts investigations on employee issues, interviews workers and discusses with management any human relations and work-related problems that adversely affect morale, health, and productivity.
• Evaluates and assists in resolving human relations, labor relations, and work-related problems, and meets with management to determine appropriate action.
• Responsible for completion and accuracy of all personnel files, including I-9s. Conducts audits as needed and/or directed.
• Process paperwork and prepare internal communication to Payroll Department and the Field Supervision for Terminations / Resignations. Handle terminations/resignation and present exit paperwork to employee.
• Explains company compensation and benefit programs, such as medical, insurance, retirement, and savings plans, and assists with enrolling workers in specified programs.
• Maintains Human Resource Information System records with accuracy and timeliness.
• Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with management, employees, external agencies and vendors.
• Able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professional discretion.
• Able to multi-task, communicate progress and meet deadlines.
• Answer phones and handle front desk tasks.
• Other projects and duties as assigned by the Director of HR and Payroll Services.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of three years of previous experience in a Human Resources Role required. General
knowledge of HR laws, practices and policies required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field is not required but preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal. Comfortable giving presentations
to both large and small groups.
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Previous
experience with HRIS systems and timekeeping systems strongly preferred.
• Able to sit and perform computer work for lengthy periods of time.
• Able to access and maintain centralized departmental files. Involves extending arms and
reaching files stored in multiple levels on file shelves; climbing up a step ladder to access files.
• Significant amount of time regularly spent answering and speaking on the telephone and
corresponding via email.
• Database entry via computer keyboard that requires repetitive hand and wrist movements.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED BY:
FAX OR E-MAIL: (661) 617-1155 or SMHernandez@ksilp.com
Subject Line: Attention: HR Department, RE: HR Generalist (Midland)