|Job Title:||Electrical Inspector||Job Category:||Electrical|
|Department/Group:||I & E Department||Position Type:||Full Time|
|Location:||Tioga, North Dakota||Date posted:||Click here to enter a date.|
|Role and Responsibilities
· Check conformity with the Quality Control Plan, obtain the relevant documentation, check procedures and equipment to be used in tests, controls and inspections, manage documents certifying tests, controls and inspections.
· Executes the specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction/installation activities on site.
· Ensure the correct implementation of the approved Inspection Test Plan
· Issues the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, writes and sends to QC Manager Non-conformances reports.
· Checks and inspects all cables and heat trace, providing proper documentation of testing.
· Updates as built drawings.
· Performs punch-listing operations.
· Performs visual inspections and documents within a daily report.
· Performs tests of continuity, insulation resistance.
· Checks installation of instruments.
· Performs test communication functionalities.
· Verify special processes and the relevant workers’ qualifications and licensure.
· Witness the tests, controls and inspections carried out.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Previous construction experience within the oil and gas industry
· Licensed ND Electrician preferred
· Previous exposure to low and medium voltage electrical installation including switchgear and electric drives
· Exposure to Hazardous Area installations a must.
· Instrument calibrations including ultrasonic flow meter, level transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters etc.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a comparable role
· Working knowledge of construction standards, codes of practice and regulations/legislation relating to electrical and instrumentation work
· Knowledge of safety and regulations
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Package. Familiar with other computer packages (eg. MS Project, Outlook, WinPCS, etc)
· Hazardous Area installation and inspection experience is a must
All candidates must pass a pre employment physical examination, drug / alcohol screen, hold a valid driver’s license, pass a motor vehicle record check and be insurable through KSI’s insurance carrier, criminal background check and E-verify as a condition of successful consideration for employment.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Depending on the phase of the job, all personnel are required to work in conditions where physical demands can consist of placing one’s body in various positions to inspect and to accomplish certain tasks such as:
· Raising and Lowering objects from one level to another
· Carrying objects, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder
· Grasping objects with the use of fingers, palm and wrists to hold/and or manipulate objects (hammers, saws, pencils, pens etc,)
· Pulling ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking)
· Pushing ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (includes slapping, striking, kicking and treadle actions)
· Bending at the waist, stooping, working in a supine position, twisting seated or standing
Some of these physical requirements will range from seldom, frequent to constant depending on the task.
|Applications Accepted at:APPLY NOW