The position will be based in the Bakersfield corporate office. This position shares in project responsibility and accountability while serving customers in the energy sector. This position will work with a project team lead where the team consists of other designers, construction personnel, and project specific engineering disciplines.
Roles and Responsibilities
While not all inclusive, the following is a list of tasks to be performed and or coordinated:
1. Planning (participate in feasibility studies; conceptual studies; process planning; project scoping; economic and alternative technology studies)
2. Engineering/Design (process/chemical, power distribution, systems and controls, electrical, instrumentation)
3. Project Management (contribute to project cost estimating and scheduling; procurement support and expediting; construction management; document management systems)
4. Safety in Design (compliance with EHS regulatory requirements, applicable code, programs, policies and procedures; Process Safety Management compliance; Customer specific requirements)
5. Customer Interface (participant in team meetings; customer focused; effective written and oral communication; good organizational skills)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· 1 to 3 Years Experience
· Prefer 2 years experience
· Experience with As-builts, field surveys, panel design, wiring diagrams etc…
· Advanced experience with AutoCAD
· Able to work effectively in a team environment
All candidates must pass a pre employment physical examination, drug / alcohol screen, hold a valid driver’s license, pass a motor vehicle record check and be insurable through KSI’s insurance carrier, criminal background check and E-verify as a condition of successful consideration for employment.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Depending on the phase of the job, all personnel are required to work in conditions where physical demands can consist of placing one’s body in various positions to inspect and to accomplish certain tasks such as:
· Raising and Lowering objects from one level to another
· Carrying objects, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder
· Grasping objects with the use of fingers, palm and wrists to hold/and or manipulate objects (hammers, saws, pencils, pens etc,)
· Pulling ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking)
· Pushing ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (includes slapping, striking, kicking and treadle actions)
· Bending at the waist, stooping, working in a supine position, twisting seated or standing
Some of these physical requirements will range from seldom, frequent to constant depending on the task.
Applications Accepted By: