|Job Title:||Diesel mechanic||Job Category:||Craft Workers|
|Location:||Bakersfield, CA||Date posted:|
We are hiring an experienced Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic to service and maintain the company’s fleet of construction equipment and vehicles in the field. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with experience in everything from small gas engines to large diesel equipment. Immediate opening for a Full-Time Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic with experience in small gas engines to large diesel construction equipment. Must be able to diagnose and repair various gas and diesel engines, electrical, brake and hydraulic systems with minimum supervision and instructions.
Duties include (but not limited to):
· Perform major overhauls to engines, transmissions, differentials, hydraulic lifts along with accessories and components
· .- Perform all aspects of preventative maintenance inspections including lube oil and filter service.- Road test vehicles to confirm repairs were performed correctly.
· Maintain logs, charts, records, etc., as required to accomplish assignments.
· Responsible for staying current with technical manuals, literature, and technical advancements of the trade as it pertains to company owned equipment.
· Perform all other duties as required.
· 5+ years experience.
· Must have a strong work ethic – Must possess a clean driving record
· Welding skills (Certification Preferred)
· Class a Driver’s License
· Compensation & Benefits:
· Competitive wages based on experience with benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, 401K Plan
· Beginning hourly wage is dependent on experience.
For consideration, please e-mail your resume with salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
· Heavy Equipment Mechanic: 5 years
· rebuilding transmissions: 2 years
· overhauling engine: 3 years
Required license or certification:
· Class A CDL
All candidates must pass a pre employment physical examination, drug / alcohol screen, hold a valid driver’s license, pass a motor vehicle record check and be insurable through KSI’s insurance carrier, criminal background check and E-verify as a condition of successful consideration for employment.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work in harsh weather for long periods of time. Depending on the phase of the job, all personnel are required to work in conditions where physical demands can consist of placing one’s body in various positions to inspect and to accomplish certain tasks such as:
· Raising and Lowering objects from one level to another
· Carrying objects, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder
· Grasping objects with the use of fingers, palm and wrists to hold/and or manipulate objects (hammers, saws, pencils, pens etc,)
· Pulling ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking)
· Pushing ie. Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (includes slapping, striking, kicking and treadle actions)
· Bending at the waist, stooping, working in a supine position, twisting seated or standing
Some of these physical requirements will range from seldom, frequent to constant depending on the task.
|Applications Accepted By:|
|Click here for application:|