Responsible for operating a stationary or traveling crane to lift, move, position, and reposition loads. Depresses buttons, lifts levers, and ensures load is safely attached to crane before bringing it down.
- Operate crane under general supervision.
- Manipulate or depress cane controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- Inspect crane for safety issues on a daily basis.
- Determine if any parts are malfunctioning.
- Complete job tickets, service quality summaries, and all other necessary paperwork.
- Lift, position and place machinery, equipment or other large objects at construction sites and industrial facilities.
- Drive trucks to work sites and unload trucks.
- Place blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
- Move levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis to raise and lower crane boom and to raise and lower load-line.
- Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Operate crane according to signals from helper.
- Start and stop crane engine.
- Follow directions carefully.
- Perform all job duties with no restriction
- Maintain all paper work and permits in an organized and up to date manner
- Know where to find weight of loads which will be hauled be it pie, valves, fittings, motors or pumps
- Pass written exam on crane operations
- Demonstrate EE can competently drive a crane with no issues
- make judgment calls when safety issues arise
- explain systems function and direction of flow
- trouble shoot systems
- identify the type of production that goes through the system being worked on