|Job Title:||Confined Space Rescue||Job Category:||Craft Workers|
|Department/Group:||Operations/Field||Position Type:||Non-Exempt (hourly)|
|Location:||Various Chevron Locations||Date posted:|
|Role and Responsibilities:
· Learn requirements of Confined Space Rescue Operations
· Operate in a team environment
· Operate in high pressure situations with ease and confidence
· Ability to lift, carry heavy loads (50 lbs)
· Maintain Physical Fitness level
· Give direction as the team leader without fault
· Ability to operate in confined spaces, heights, and subsurface.
· Represent the KSI organization professionally
· Ability to use technical equipment and interpret technical data
· Develop a general knowledge of KSI PPM SOP’s
· Frequently refer to SOP Manual
· Follow the Customers Policies and Procedures
· Responsible for determining if acceptable entry conditions are present at a permit space where entry is planned, for authorizing entry and overseeing entry operations, and for terminating entry.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
· Use supplied medical equipment as required to EMT level
· Package / treat / and provide rescue services to individuals in difficult access areas with the possibility of using Supplied Air respirators or SCBA
· Ability to learn knot tying and use of pulleys for mechanical advantage
· Ability to be certified as a Confined Space Rescuer for both Horizontal and Vertical operations
· Ability to think clearly and provide excellent customer service in stressful situations.
· Ability to fill out all required forms
· Ability to use computers and computer based programs
· Ability to read and write
· Become extremely proficient in Tier 1 (Vertical), and Tier 2 (Horizontal) Rescue skills, techniques, and operations.
The Locations vary from site to site however, the majority of the work is construction based working in the fields. The walking and working surf aces vary depending on the terrain, from flat to extreme slopes, to hillsides and mountain sides. Walking and working on various terrains and in various conditions from hard dirt or rocky surfaces to frozen, snowy, wet, and slippery conditions. Most of the work will be subjected to the ambient weather and outdoor conditions.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Depending on the phase of the job, all personnel are required to work in conditions where physical demands can consist of placing one’s body in various positions to inspect and to accomplish certain tasks such as; sitting, standing, squatting, raising and lowering objects from one level to another, carrying objects, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder, grasping objects with the use of fingers, palm and wrists to hold/and or manipulate objects (hammers, saws, pencils, pens etc,), pulling i.e.: Exerting upon an object so that the object moves toward the force, (includes slapping, striking, kicking and treadle actions), bending at the waist, stopping, working in a supine positions, twisting seated or standing. Some of these physical requirements will range from seldom, frequent to constant depending on the tasks at hand
· High School Diploma / GED
· Minimum Years of Experience: 1 year experience in Confined Space Rescue with National Registered EMT Certification. Combination of knowledge, training, and experience will be evaluated.
· All candidates must pass a pre employment physical examination and drug / alcohol screen as a condition of successful consideration for employment, Failure to do so will result in the candidate being disqualified from further consideration.
The candidate must also possess a current and valid driver’s license and be insurable through KSI’s insurance carrier.
Some of these physical requirements will range from seldom, frequent to constant depending on the task at hand.